Saturday, April 1, 2023

April 2023

 It is Fool's Day. More fool me for being late on the post.


March was...unkind, yes let's call it unkind. It wasn't as terrible as we feared, but it was still unpleasant. It didn't start that way. I started the month by going to Denver for research purposes. Stayed at the Palace Hotel which I'd used when Doc and crew got to Furden. Triangular building in downtown. Nice room, even if the toilet was possessed. I'm not kidding the thing had a pressure issue and would scream like it was a damned soul. That's a whole story on it's own, so I'm skipping it here.
But then on the 15th our good boy, Lowkey, decided he was going to hurt himself. He busted his snoot on the gate. From what the vet has decided he bruised the inside of his snoot bad enough to bruise it. Worse than that the bruise busted open, so we had a gushing bloody boy. We barely got him back from the 24/7 vet on the 30th. Lowkey, high price, looks to finally be healing and no longer gushing blood or gooey clots. If he relapses we'll have to find a vet who can and will cauterize inside a dog nose, and trust me they ain't common.
So the second half of the month was kind of a shitshow. But we think, maybe, hopefully, we're through the worst of it now.

Let's talk books, that's why you really come here. DW4 is done, it has had it's monthly run, and I was sadly right, it undersold. Just under the cost of bills for the book and living expenses. I hope you all liked the story, and maybe some day in the distant future I can revisit Stern and Co., but it wouldn't be for years if ever.

This month will be Luck's Voice 6: Emerita Boxing Day. Should be out late on the 5th, so don't pass over it...see what I did there? Eh, never mind. Doc comes to grips with the problems of Furden in this one. Some unexpected twists, some good and bad. I really enjoyed how it went, and I hope you do too.
Funnily enough Andie will start recording it before the book gets published. She'll be starting on Monday, the 3rd, while I get the back matter in order. Patreon thanks, author note, etc. If you want a sneak listen before the book goes live, tune into her discord.

With LV6 coming out, that means BW10 is next. I'm over halfway through the book. Well, what I think is the halfway mark anyway. BW10: Truestrike's Treachery, is going to wrap up the Truestrike plot line. Which means BW11 will end up being the last of the series. That is slated before the year ends too, which will put BW as a 5 year series. BW1 published August of 2018, and BW11 will publish after that I hope before the year ends or January of 2024. 
What a ride.

After BW will of course be AR7, title unknown, where Gregory will be with his men on the edge of the Northern Wilds. Where slavers and rough men make their living. Where he patrols the edge to stop any major attacks and upholds the laws. I'm sure nothing will go wrong there...

In audio news, Podium has Antecedents' Legacy and will be telling me when they plan to release it soon, I hope. Dungeon Walkers 4 is with Mountain Dale Press and hopefully will also be getting a release date soon. I've already told you Andie will be recording LV6 this week, which catches us fully up on audio books. I'm not 3-4 books back in waiting anymore. So rejoice audiophiles we are as up to date as possible for you.


Other random news, the DC event for Medieval Times is a bust. One and done it looks like sadly. Just not enough sponsors to back it. I'll be looking at doing something else as a fan meet and greet for those who wanted me to sign things, or just hang out and talk. More on that as the year goes on.

That's everything I can think of. So stay safe out there.


Daniel Schinhofen
Schinhofen Books

https://schinhofenbooks.com/ https://twitter.com/DJSchinhofen https://www.facebook.com/groups/364674377283655 https://www.patreon.com/DJSchinhofen
https://discord.gg/schinhofenbooks

5 comments:

  1. What will be taking the place of BW in the rotation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I might make a selfish request/suggestion. I would greatly enjoy seeing you try your hand at the apocalypse setting again. AG was fantastic, but it always felt to busy. An Apocalypse story where the MC is simply one of many trying to survive instead of your standard chosen one trope would, in my opinion, work well with your style.

      Delete
  2. I appreciated your Passover joke. Well done!

    ReplyDelete